For weeks the excitement and planning of the annual Gr.3 Masterchef cook-off, was all our pupils and parents could talk about! Due to Covid regulations, Orban teachers once again found a creative and innovative way to uphold an annual tradition but with a twist. The theme for 2021 was ‘Savory/Sweet in a bottle’. This ensured that all safety regulations were applied and each judge was presented with a packaged food sample to taste. True to Orban culture, our learners surpassed all expectations with original ideas and dishes.
The 2021 event were adjudicated by Chef André Brown from Cleanergy Restaurant, Teachers Simoné Fourie and Wilmarie Ochse-Heine.
Certificate winners of the six categories were announced at assembly on Monday.
- Best Tasting Dish: Madison Voster, Kellan Erasmus, Jordan Evans, Sofia Jooma, Thomas Jordaan, Ntokozo Msimang.
- Most Original Name: Mahdiyya Bhamjee, Alena Dell, Robert Petrie.
- Most Creative table setting: Muhammad Patel, Geovanno Tromp, Reynier van der Vyver, Rabiya Alma, Danny de Almeida.
- Use of diverse food groups: Nin Brown, Umar Jogee, Jhondré Tools-Bernado, Salma Mehtar.
- Most innovative recipe: Caitlin Kreusch, Ariana Alekar, Abdul Qader Noorbhai.
- Best presentation: Christiana Adriaan, Zakhe Ntshangase, Cristiano Rhaganath.
Thank you to all our Gr.3 learners for making this an outstanding annual celebration of Orban’s diverse food culture and culinary talent.